Dec 4, 2013

Paper Talk

Oh yeah, this paper is going to be good. There's a great line near the end where the governess practically says that one of her biggest strengths is her ability to close her eyes and not see what she's actually facing. That'll be the jumping off point, using those words, the idea of her not being able to see what's exactly in front of her because she's trying to close her eyes and not see it. And what exactly are those things? They're gender inequalities, both for men and women.

As for getting to this point, seriously, I love Addison, but I really hate her for this project.

I was planning on taking Friday off and stay at home so I could have an uninterrupted seven hours to write. Addison can't go to daycare, so I have to take off work. There goes that one.

I was planning on working on the paper at night while Addison sleeps, 3-4 hours of uninterrupted time to work although broken up into two or three pieces couldn't be that bad. . . until Addison started to fuss at ten, and hasn't stopped for the past two hours. Just when I get her down, she starts crying again. Now Alicia is angry with me/Addison because she can't sleep when Addison is like this, which means that now I'm going to have a cranky Addison and a cranky Alicia tomorrow, and I better not fall asleep first in this house or else then I'm setting myself up to be murdered.

I love my family, I just can't believe that I've been off work since 4 and now eight hours later, I'm looking at having done about an hour worth of work, spread out over about 40 different chunks, none of them lasting longer than five minutes, some of them lasting for about thirty seconds before I got interrupted by someone, or I had to help out someone else.

Side note- if you're talking to someone and trying to show interest in what they are doing, and they send you anything to respond about, or for you to read through. It's generally good form to reply in a week. It's even better form if that person is part of your family if you reply in under a week. But maybe that's just me and my weird expectations of other people. I don't know, it's late and I'm rambling/angry with staying up and not being able to have much under my belt. I'm getting back to work, don't mind me. 

No comments: