Dec 25, 2013

Oh I Just Can't Wait. . .

To be king?

Not quite.

I can't wait to be back home, working a normal schedule again (or at least as normal as it can be). This holiday season has been chalk full of bleh.

As much as I love Addison, she's been a fusser the entire trip, thanks to being sick and starting out the entire thing with some good ol' fashion projectile vomit.

Alicia, has been great, but at the same time, she's been in a semi-rut thanks to her mom and the holiday family drama that has happened with grandma buying way more than Addison could ever use, and Alicia commenting that it was a lot, and then grandma taking it personally.

My family has been significantly bleh as well. My dad is getting over being sick so he's even less social than normal, and my mom is trying to be as happy as possible, but even she is sort of out of the whack of the holidays.

It's just sort of been a bleh day for the holidays.

The weird part about this was that a lot of the grandparents were talking to me about my writing. It's weird talking to family about writing. I can talk to perfect strangers and co-workers about it, but it just seems weird for family members who traditionally have never paid some/any attention to my writing, and have considered it trivial, and non-existent, as something serious. It's a very odd, difficult, bizarre, transition from my parents thinking that it was just something weird that I was  doing, to something that they can openly talk to me about as a serious option.

It hasn't been a horrible trip, but it hasn't been a great one either. It's just been entirely- bleh.

No comments: