Dec 4, 2013

Numbers

I know that I'm the only one reading this blog. It's the sad fact of blogs that most of them are practically never read by anyone, and out of the few that do get read and looked up, a large majority of those readers are friends and family of the author. The ratio of blogs made versus blogs read by more than friends and family is ridiculous, that's what brings me to the fun numbers that happened yesterday that I just don't understand because I haven't told friends or family. This isn't so much a 'secret' blog as it is a personal blog that I don't mind if other people find. If it was secret, no one would be reading it, I'm just not one to try to publicize something like this.

The people reading this start and end with me, with the possibility of Alicia checking it without me knowing (which isn't that big of a deal. Hi Alicia if you are reading this! I'm writing this and I didn't tell you because I didn't want to tell you about it. Sometimes I just want to write without having to announce it)

The real question is how in the world yesterday got 30 hits.

Yes, 30.

Even with my sometimes pathological obsession with writing, reading, and editing my works, 30 seems about 20 higher than what it should be. I know Alicia, and she'd maybe check it half a dozen times in the course of a day. Just to see what was going on, maybe once seeing if there was something new, and then a few times having to come back to it to re-read it, or pick up on an old post, but that's still missing out on some of the 30.

In short, I'm a bit stunned by the numbers, and if you are reading this, sorry for the lack of excitement in my writing. I've only got so much going on. Otherwise, happy reading, hope you enjoy your stay.

No comments: