Dec 9, 2013

Paper Securely Behind Me

It is always nice to have a paper turned in and not have to worry about it any more. It's even better when that security comes before Christmas, and you don't have to worry about school while break gets closer and closer. Officially it's my last week of school this week, but thanks to the major that I'm part of, we don't have finals, we just have final projects that have already been turned in.
Now I can get back to writing a story for next semester! I know that it's weird to think that writing a story is what I'm looking forward to, but when it comes down to it, writing is about a million times better than having to do classes that I'm not interested in, so I'll get a good jump on it and crank out a few dozen pages (hopefully) during the break. If not, there's always blitzball.
I like going home to visit the family, but I always feel like it is the biggest waste of time and that I could be doing so many other things, that I actually want to do, without feeling guilty. Play a ridiculous amount of blitzball? Platinum the sonic collection and move onto yet another game? Take naps, lots of naps? If I was at home for the holidays, lethargy and laziness is par for the course. If I was home, you can lay around and do nothing and life is just fine. If you're visiting family you have to keep everyone happy. Juggle between the two families, make sure that everyone gets quality time doing what they want, without acting like we're treating one family with treatment over the other. Then there's Addison and making sure that she makes the switch to Vegas smoothly. I like seeing my family, but I know that being down there for as long as we're planning, and trying to keep everyone happy (Alicia included in that list, because she's going to go bonkers at least once while down there, I can put money on it right now) is just something that I'm not looking forward to. 

No comments: