Dec 13, 2013

I Tried

In my honorable, nerdy attempt to give all games their time in the light, I returned to the one fighter game that I have-

I got done with trying with my one racing game, so I decided to pop this one in. Within 30 minutes of playing I remember just why I hate this game so much, quit out of the game and uninstalled everything out of spite.

I can't play fighters.

I just don't like them.

They're frustrating, it's annoying to learn combinations, and to do anything more than get your butt handed to you over and over and over again takes far too long to learn just the right button combination so that you can make your character do one out of their hundreds of moves. It's annoying. It's not a game, it's a test of muscle memory and learning how to do impossible moves.

Story line? What story?
Character development? What's that?


I get it, there is some appeal to no matter who sits down to play the game they're always at the same starting point, but to go back to that starting point over and over and over and over again is just mind numblingly frustrating. Then the computer goes, 'oh hey, I see that you still can't figure out what that character even does, let me kill you three times over by juggling you between computer AI so you'll never find out what they do.' I am seriously looking forward to anything besides that game. Even going back to action games like Devil May Cry sound better than playing MVC 3 again.

I almost want to go to the box sets that I have, now that my standards are so low, and try one of my fps games.
Bioshock 2 actually might be interesting enough. The first game was a little slow paced, but it had it's moments, and with the mood that I'm in after that fighting game, I'm sure I'd think that #2 was downright amazing no matter what it decided to give me.

Resistance 2 (and 3) might get a playthrough now as well. The first one was a FPS all the way, and stood for everything that I hate in the FPS genre just short of anything produced by COD, but at the very least there was a story line in there somewhere. It wasn't a great story line, but at least it was better than MVC3 . I liked some of the guns in the first one, and they were interesting enough that I'd like to see if they build off of them instead of just giving me the exact same thing that I got in the first one, I'm just afraid that my feelings about gaming right now and my absolute search for anything that isn't horrible might loose steam in the middle of the game and I'll suddenly realize that I've been fooling myself into thinking that it's a good game, when really, it's not.

No comments: