Dec 31, 2013

Dark Times

I was bored, dropped into a Best Buy, and there are some dark times ahead in my future. I've played some time sink, and time heavy games, but with my most recent purchase, I'm pretty sure I'm set for all of 2014 with the rest of my bookshelf that I haven't touched.

Joining my bookshelf of awesome is-
And

Now for those that don't know, Mass Effect has been argued as one of the best, if not the best, game for ps3 in existence. It's one of those games that if you haven't played it, you can't quite be quite of the gamer community. The play time isn't what you would expect out of an RPG, where other ones like Skyrim take 80+ hours, but it's still respectable as an RPG with a great space opera story, that people love.

Then there is Disgaea D2.

This is essentially Disgaea 1, part two.

For those who have never had to worry about Disgaea, it's awesome, but it will suck your life away for as long as you let it. Disgaea 4 is part of the reason that I have a bookshelf that needs to be played through, as I dumped easily over 200 hours into it. It has no end. Even the 'end' of story, is obviously only the real beggining of the fun that can be had with the battle system.It expects you to dump 100+ hours into it. It expects you to break the battle system, do millions of billions of points of damage, and then challenges you to do more.

Let's just do it this way in explaining it. Every item can also be a dungeon. The further you get in the dungeon, the stronger the item gets. EVERY ITEM. Every potion, every shield, every food, everything that you can pick up and put in your inventory, can also double as a dungeon. Not to mention the level cap is 9,999, and once you hit that cap, you can rebirth and do it all over again as a different class. That means your fire mage can transform into a axe weilding, gunslinger, fire mage hybrid, just because you felt like it, and have 9,999 levels in each of those, picking up all of the skills and benifits of each class.

It's icky, and it gets icky fast.

Happy 2014?

No comments: