Dec 13, 2013

Final Fantasy, it alays comes back to you

One of my first games that I ever played on the PS1 was when I was working at a scout camp and a co-worker had a ps1 and TV that they smuggled in. I can also trace this back to my midnight playing habit. When people were asleep I would pop in FF VIII and start playing. I didn't make it that far, but it's constantly been on my list of games that I need to re-address and bring back into my life and finish.

The only problem with saying that I have to work through 8, is that I honestly need to bring some attention to 9 as well.
 If we're being honest the only FF games that I've put the time into and throughly beaten have been 7, 12, 13, 13-2. That means that I (as a person who loves completion and finishing series) should go back and do 1-6, 8-9, 10, 10-2, (NOT 11, that's an MMO, doesn't count) all before I try to touch 13-3.

It's a grand idea, but my desire to do that, and invest time and money into each of those, isn't worth it, so I'm going to sit happy in my ignorance, and when I finally get done with my shelved games, I might go back and reconsider doing 8 and 9. I'm not going to worry about pre-7 games. They're before my time, and not worth worrying about. 7 is where the series starts in my mind, so that's where I'm starting my list. Plus, 8 and 9 both fall into the category of games that I've started and really want to know what in the world happens by the end of the story. I just want to know what happens. I don't need to 100% them, or do anything too crazy, I just want to see the end of the story so I can finally know things like if Vivi is a clone or not, and also why in the world the garden in 8 had a dinosaur in it.

No comments: