Dec 4, 2013

NEXT!

As I said before I did the Skyrim thing, and had to find a new game. I went to my bookshelf, and dusted off one of the very first games that I've ever played on the ps3. I blame Levi for making me buy this one because he said it was just so awesome.

It wasn't.

As a person who only partially enjoyed Zelda, and then only slightly played Ocarina of Time, it wasn't my favorite. I only played OOT while watching a friend, and never actually cleared any of the dungeons or played the game as a whole, so dungeon crawling as a blocky 3d next gen version of a pixalated game just wasn't for me.

There were moments within the game that I got that they were joking, and that it was a slight satire on the adventure game formula. The ridiculous sword mechanics, the annoying fairy, and some of the conversations that you have with NPC's are fun . . . but not enough to keep me coming back to the game.

My trophy list is really funny when dealing with this game, as it seems to be the one that I'm always coming back to when I'm between games trying to figure out if I can play it for more than one sitting.

First trophy- May 29th 2011

I played for about an hour, and then you look at the list and EIGHT MONTHS later, I pick the game up again.

Feb 4th 2012.

Again I played it for a while, picked up a few things, and then stopped until. . .

Nov 27th 2013.

It's taken me 2 1/2 years of sitting on my bookshelf, and three attempts at getting enough energy and patience up to go through the entire story line, for me to finish the game. Hopefully tonight I'll grab the final few things to finish the game. There's not a chance in the world that I'm going to try to 100% this one. It took me 2 1/2 years to even beat the game, there's not enough pixilated cubes for me to ever want to return to this once I finish it.

The only real thing that I liked was SOME of the songs. I don't know what it was, but songs like this which were only played when saving, I would just let loop and loop and loop because of just how much I liked them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi283GbEAtg

With this one behind me, I get to pick up yet another game that's been sitting on my shelf collecting dust.
This one I'm going into with the platinum as the goal. We'll see if my patience can keep up with playing all of the old school games, but for the most part they're all games that I want to play, so I'm looking forward to playing through this collection of old school games. It won't be 2 1/2 years worth of waiting on this one, but according to the records I started this on July 15th 2012, so it will be at least a year and some change until I finish it. Let's just hope that Sonic is going to be a bit more forgiving than the stupidity of next gen trying to fake being an 8 bit game.

No comments: