Mar 17, 2014

Yeah. . .

Coming from a few games that took me months on months to even finish, Resistance 2 is going by in a heartbeat. Now, I'm not trying to 100% it (no thank you), but I realized tonight after polishing off two chapter bosses in under an hour and a half, that I was getting dangerously close to finishing the game.

It's funny to look back at the games that I've tackled. You can sort of tell that I play an RPG and suck away quite a few hours. . . and then I speed through other ones either cleaning up some old trophies that needed to get knocked off the list, or running through a game just to get to the end of it.

Tales of Graces lead to Grand Theft Auto.
Dynasty Warriors lead into my Devil May Cry trilogy.

I then did Dark Souls, and had to purge myself from that evil by doing a bunch of games that I wanted all back to back to back (Silent Hill 3, Borderlands 2 (expansion packs)) Those lead me to quickly wrapping up Bio Shock, and then came Skyrim

Skyrim was pretty awesome, so it let me tackle (and finish) 3d dot game hero, Sonic's Ulimate Genesis Collection, and even a bit of ModNation Racers. Which then catches us up to the time sink of Ni No Kuni and where I'm currently at.

I just think that it's funny that there are some games out there that take 80+ hours to finish story line, and then a stupid amount of time if you're ever going to think about 100% them, and then there are games that are just as expensive and just as renown for being 'great' games that take maybe 16 hours to finish the game. Maybe I'm just crazy, but if I'm going to pay full price for a game, it better be a game that can last me more than a month of casually playing it whenever I don't have homework.

Luckily that's why we have the discount shelf. The Resistance series is prime category for, 'it's on super sale, I guess I could give it a shot'. They're not games that I'd typically look at, but enough hype has been made about them, and people seem to love them a lot, so when they showed up in a triple pack for a lot cheaper than what one of them would cost on their own, I thought I'd give it a shot.

With the end in sight, I just wonder which one I'm going to do next. It would make sense to tackle Resistance 3 and just finish up the series before jumping into a big RPG again, but we'll see where we get there. Plus, the big week of school projects is upon us, there's about zero chance that I'll be playing much of anything this week, I've got projects that have sub projects that are beating up on even smaller projects all due this week. Yay for grad school!

No comments: