Mar 10, 2014

Best Moment Ever

So, after a long-ish game session of D&D with friends online actually happening over the weekend, Alicia asked me how things went, "How did it go? Kill the dragon? Save the princess? Do all of that stuff?"

"Actually the zombie apocolypse happened and we're stuck in a city surrounded by mutant zombies."

"Wait, did you write that? That's different."

"Yeah, I made it."

"Why?"

I paused for a minute to try to explain in a logical way why I enjoy mapping, story line creation, world construction, and all things that are DM-ing. The best answer I had was, "Because it's fun." She just sort of nodded her head like that was enough information and it was a totally okay reason to do something so nerdy. I don't know which made me happier, that Alicia didn't poke any fun at it, or that it was a good enough answer for her.




No comments: