Jul 18, 2014

The End. . . ? - The Games I've Played

I'm going to put this series on pause for a bit. We have REALLY hit closer to current games because next on the list are Bio Shock and then Skyrim. I've written quite a bit about every game I've played after that, so I'm going to put that little writing series on pause, and I might come back to it once I get a few more games under my belt and want to keep writing reviews about them. I don't really know what I'm going to do in place of that, I've been thinking about finding prompts of the day on a website for teachers or something like that and doing prompts for the day and just keeping my chops up with creative writing, but I don't know what I'm going to do, it's still up in the air.

All I do know is that it was sort of fun to go through the old games that I"ve played. It's sort of silly to look back and see just how many of them I didn't like. The only saving grace behind that is that the games that I loved Ive played some serious time into, but the ones that I couldn't stand I got done with the story line and then got out.

Side note, I'm pretty sure Dragon Age Origins is going to run into the category of main story line and then get out. to get 100% I'd have to play the ENTIRE game at least three times, if not more. It's a good game, but even some of my favorite games that I have on the list like Skyrim and FFX, wouldn't be able to get me to play through them start to finish three times to try to 100% them, and especially without New Game +, there's even less chance that I'd do it. I've played a few games (Tales of Graces) a few times through without really worrying, but that's because it had New Game + and I could completely trash the game in record speed. As far as I can tell there's none of that in Dragon Age and I'd have to start from scratch, and no thank you for that.

Either way, it's officially been long enough for me to get school out of my system, I need to start writing again and finish up DA. I'm right at the end, and I sort of want to cut corners to wrap it up faster than it should, but I'm going to have to go back and delete a few pages because I know I shouldn't cut those corners. I need to actually do the week in the castle where Britney goes insane before the ending, I can't leave that out, it's a little heavy handed with the foreshadowing, but hey, if you're going to do it, go all out with it, am I right?

No comments: