Jul 3, 2014

PTSD Story Idea

As you may, or may not, know I enjoy writing stories that are well above and beyond the scope of normal. I enjoy having characters that can do crazy things, and it's my favorite genre to go back to, even though it might not be the best written.

There are a few things that I've been playing around with, particular scenes, particular circumstances, stuff like that, and I didn't know exactly where to put it in. For example, I really wanted someone to have to body guard the main character and have the military think they were all that but things just going weird between the super and the guards.

Then I also wanted the super to get paid by helping out the 'most wanted' list from countries. Need a few mil for the next quarter? Go catch numbers 1-4 on the top 10 list.

I also wanted the typical 'let's get together and plan' meeting in action shows/stories/games. You know the type, where they try to get together and make a plan about how to defeat the big bad enemy and it's only through team work that they are able to sucseed because seperately they can't do it? Yeah, I want to take that, have the super just laugh and say, "or, and I'm just just going of the top of my head, or, I could walk in, kill everyone, walk out, and we can go home early." Or something along those lines.

I want to write that, and I have a few scenes bouncing around my head about that, but I was trying to find an excuse to write it. I'm thinking of having the super having to deal with the PTSD of it all. Trying to run away from it, trying to deal with the memories, trying to deal with all of the crazy that he's seen in his life and just how much of it has stuck with him. I don't know, I'm still playing around with the idea.

No comments: