Jul 23, 2014

Ain't Nobody Have Time for That

Seriously!

Wake up.
Go to work.
Got home.
Made sure Addie didn't stage dive off of the couch while starting dinner.
Ate dinner.
Made sure Addie ate dinner.
Got Addie bathed and in bed.
Started to look at job applications, and even managed to put in a few job applications.
And now I'm supposed to write four cover letters, all for different jobs, all sounding personal, yet brief, yet have my own voice, but a professional voice, not the voice that I use here, AND on top of that I'm supposed to start reading through litterary magazines and publications so that I can figure out where I should start submitting my work to so I can start beefing up my resume on publications.

Did I mention that it's almost 10:00 and for some reason I'm yawning? I'm really hoping that I'm going to break through that first sleep wall and make it until my 2:00 second wall. For those that don't know about these 'walls' they are glorious things but can come back and bite you in the butt. There are two (sometimes three) walls that I have. If I go to sleep during one of them, I go to sleep, have a good nights rest and life is great, but if something keeps me away during them I'm awake and I can't go to sleep until the next wall.

My walls happen at 10, 2, and sometimes 4 if I'm lucky.

That means that I'll get sleepy right around now, but if I stay awake during the next half hour or so, I'll be awake until 2. Now the dangerous part about the two one is to realize what is happening and go to sleep, otherwise I get hit with insomnia and I"m pulling an all nighter unless the wall at 4 shows up.

I'll save the cover letters for tomorrow when I have time, for now I'll speed read my way through a few literary journals to see what's out there, maybe get an episode up of My American Life up tonight. As crazy as it is to go through those old shows, it's really nice to sit down and listen to them. It's relaxing.

No comments: