Jul 13, 2015

The Count of Vampire Counts

I ranked everything up last night, made sure that there wasn't too many broken bits (only one missing zombie arm, and one black knight head decapitation) and even removed two pieces (poorly painted necromancer on mount that had fallen apart, and a vampire that was poorly painted and was a metal figure that had a broken sword). Other than that, the only other thing I'm going to have to fix is Mannfred falling off of his base because he's big fat and heavy as a metal piece and is balanced back on only one leg of a horse, so he was precarious to start out with, but I just have to super glue/hot glue/duct tape/do whatever it takes to force him into his base.
That leaves the following to be painted.
 21 Grave Guard
50 Ghouls
20 Wolves
25 Skeletons
10 Hexwraiths
13 Zombies
8 Black Knights
1 Wright King
1 Mannfred (see above)
1 Heinrich
1 Krell
1 Corpse Cart (with a second one needing to be created with the extra bitz that I have in my pile of junk as talked about last post)
2 Necromancers
1 Wraith
1 Vampire

[PICTURE PENDING BECAUSE I'M AT WORK AND CAN'T TAKE A PICTURE WHILE AT WORK OF AN ARMY THAT IS AT MY HOUSE, APPARENTLY NOW THAT I'M HOME I CAN'T FIND THE CAMERA, SO PICTURES WILL ALWAYS BE PENDING UNTIL I CAN FIND THAT STUPID CAMERA]

But before I touch any of that I am forcing myself to finish the Mortarch. I'm not going to be one of those people that leave things half done or anything like that. I'm going to finish what I started, and wreck my way through that with the best quality that I can. All I know for now, is that with how slow it takes me to get a model up to the point that I am happy with them, the excessive amount of models that I just purchased will keep me busy for a LONG while.

The count though goes a bit like this - with everything together, my current army plus the new ones that I picked up, it goes a bit like this.

[PICTURE PENDING BECAUSE I'M AT WORK AND CAN'T TAKE A PICTURE WHILE AT WORK OF AN ARMY THAT IS AT MY HOUSE, APPARENTLY NOW THAT I'M HOME I CAN'T FIND THE CAMERA, SO PICTURES WILL ALWAYS BE PENDING UNTIL I CAN FIND THAT STUPID CAMERA]

Core Army -
133 Zombies
55 Skeletons
50 Ghouls
20 Dire Wolves

Special Army -
Corpse Cart
31 Grave Guard
8 Black Knight
10 Hexwraith

Rare Army -
Black Coach

Then on top of that I have a mix of heroes and lords that are just floating around. I have a serious imballance of lords/heroes to my core warriors now days. From here on out until further notice, what I really need are more core/special/rare units and I need to stop getting lords/heroes.

In the Lord/Hero section we have a slaughtering of the following -
Zacharias
Mannfred the Mortarch
Mannfred
Heinrich
Krell
Wraith
Wright King
Female Vampire
Necromancer (on foot) - x2
Mounted Necromancer - x3
Male Vampire
Banshee

Whew, that's a big list. So, from here on out, I'm not buying any more figures until I'm almost done painting Nagash. I'm totally okay for accepting donations, but from now until Nagash, no more buying minis, because there should be no  reason that I should ever have to buy one. The only figure that I think I would like to add to the mix of what I have before, is a Mortis Engine, but no way am I touching that, until Nagash is finished.

As a side note - with Mannfred (the one that I'm painting) holy balls is primer a good thing. He's my first mini to ever try to hit with primer before I started painting, and it makes a difference. You'd think that it wouldn't, but trust me, it's worth the investment. The only thing that I've learned is to NOT go with a gray primer because you can not tell where you've sprayed it. I thought that I covered him pretty well, but then when I got into some of the nooks and crannies, I could tell the very distinct lines between where I did prime and where I didn't. Save yourself some headache and just get a white/black/brown/anything besides gray primer because then you'll be able to see where it hits and where it doesn't hit.

Also, now that I'm finally done with putting Mannfred together (for the most part, he's not glued onto his mount yet, I was smart enough to not do that step before they were both painted) - plastic glue is also a new favorite of mine. Holy balls is that something that I love. Compared to super glue where I glued together my fingers all the time, plastic glue is the way to go. It is worth the investment. For anyone who is trying to save some money, invest in the plastic glue, and ditch that super glue that is gluing your fingers together. It's worth the investment for your sanity and also it creates smoother joints where you are gluing things together.

No comments: