Jul 27, 2015

Snipe

Ebay is a horrible thing.

It's a wonderfully horrible thing.

I saw a REALLY good deal on Eby, and instead of thinking, "you know what, maybe I don't need another 7+ boxes worth of Warhammer stuff, because I just bought that massive group in that road trip to Idaho" I said to myself, "Wow! That's a great deal! BID!"

Now I'm set up to spend $100 that I'm not sure I can spend on Ebay on something that I don't need, and I'm praying for someone to outbid me.

This is when it gets really bad. I think that there's a way for me to opt out of my bid. To do a take back on it so I don't get stuck with the items, but instead of trying to go down that road, even while I write this I'm sitting here going, "But if I was to buy everything in this lot at the store, it'd cost me at least three to four times that retail!" so I refuse to go back and change my bid. I know that I should take it back and I know that it's something that I should not be doing, but I keep rationalizing it away. Alicia has done shopping trips for clothes that are more expensive than this. The trip to the grocery store that I just did today for "a few things" was almost this expensive. I can afford $100, and it's a REALLY GOOD DEAL!

I'm a mess.

I'm starting to see how people can have thousands of thousands of points worth of models and only have them assembled and no where close to being painted. It's starting to become clear. Now I'm just hoping that someone out there in internet land sees that it is a good deal and outbids me in the next five days.

It's five days, someone has to outbid me.

Right?

Stupid, amazing, Ebay.

No comments: