Jul 12, 2015

Corpse Cart

Time to get this straight. This is a corpse cart.

It's big, it's ugly, it's a cart that a necromancer has strapped together of undead goodies, and is pulled officially by some undead, but who knows what it's actually getting pulled by because it's just a mess of blood, guts, and death.

After my little adventure up to Idaho to pick up my army, I have one. I looked at it, thought it looked cool, but then realized that with a bit of work, and a bit of gluing of random things together, I THINK I can make one from scratch.

You see, when you buy certain models and certain boxes, you get lots of bits, because you're supposed to give your model the right weapons for what you want them to do. You get the options for big swords, or spears, or a single sword and shield. That means that they have to give you enough pieces to let you build your army to look how its supposed to, which means that once you get done you have your army, but at the same time you have a bunch of pieces of random arms, spears, shields, heads, legs, or whatever other spare chunks floating around with no bodies to call home.
Now, I'm new to this whole thing, but I'm looking at all of the bits that I have lying around, and I'm looking at the messed up 'bodies' that I have from my other armies that have not been taken care of and are falling apart, and I'm thinking with a healthy amount of glue and creativity, that I should be able to make one hell of a corpse cart that looks sort of like the original, but instead of those bony claws for the cart, it'll be spears and halves of arms that are floating around. Instead of zombies, it's going to be full of Britonians or High Elves. It's a rough plan, but I think I should be able to customize myself a new, one of a kind, nasty hodgepodge of a corpse cart, and if I'm really lucky, I might find a way to throw something weird in it, like using the Britonian Enchantress. . . as the necromancer riding the bodies.
Or whatever else I have sitting around in my shelves that are unpainted and unforgotten.

No comments: