Jun 29, 2015

Twitch

I streamed for the first time last night. My bitrate was screwed up, my video was skipping, and I was dropping frames left and right, but at least I did it.

I was trying to tell Kyle at work today what I was working on, and I was trying to find a picture of Manfred that was close up and not the GW Manfred that looks perfect with it's glowy orange skulls. As fun as that picture is, I didn't want him to think that I was doing anything like that.

That's when I ran into this picture .

And then I cried a bit on the inside. Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm the crazy one, but the Mortarch in that picture, lovely paint job. It looks great.But the surrounding cast isn't even finished, and that makes me sad.

Again, maybe it's just me, but if you're going to spend that much money on black nights, skeletons, or whatever else is floating around on the edges of that picture, why don't you spend time painting them? The rest of the figures on that table are just as important (to me) as the big showcase figure, so why would you spend that much time and effort on the showcase piece and then totally forget about the supporting cast?

Either way, it's official, I'm a streamer. Hopefully I'll get back on tonight and do some more and finish up assembling the body and spirits, and then I'll separate Manfred so I can paint him separate from his mount. Yay for getting close to painting! Also- yay for plastic cement glue. I've been working with super glue for such a long time, it is really, REALLY nice to not have my fingers glued together or have pieces of the figure still glued to me the next day. I was cautious about buying it, but it was well worth the investment. 

No comments: