Jun 21, 2015

New Label!

Because I keep bringing it up, and because it seems to start being a part of what I do, I'm making it an official label. Congrats Warhammer, you just got upgraded to something that I talk too much about so that if people want to search it, they can find it.

In other news, I went with Manfred the Mortarch and Nagash, mainly because that's what the store had. The reason I did this? I finished the last unpainted mini in the VC group a mounted necromancer.

This was my first real attempt at trying to blend, and I did it a bit heavy handed, but hey, baby steps!
Of course, I'm bored. I don't want to start putting together a mortarch or a Nagash right now, so time to figure out the points that I have in VC, low end only. I don't even know which models I have (in set numbers, I just have rough ideas) so it's time to put them all together and see just what I can put on a table.

What I've painted -
-21 zombies
- mounted necromancer
- vampire on zombie dragon (Zacharias)

Everything that I inherited from mission -
- Black Coach
- mounted necro
- necro on foot
- banshee
- vampire
- 10 grave guard
- 24 skeletons
- 22 "zombies" that are just left over bits put on squares to summon up when necromancers decide to bring in extra bits that you didn't start out with.
- 40 zombies (two units worth with two standards, but oddly no musicians)


And then 1 random skellie that I have no clue where it came from, but it's horribly painted, but is the SINGLE piece that I have that has something on its base more than just black or green paint.



Until July 11th when I (hopefully) go to Pocetello and pick up 3,000 more points of an army, here's what I have. At the low end, I've currently got about 1,440 points. If I give some magic items, break things apart, and really stretch it, I can hit somewhere around 2,000, but that's a big stretch.

I guess I'll just have to do some generic batch work on some high elves to pass the time, because I want to finish the whole army and get it under my hand first before I even try to attempt a big piece like Manfred or Nagash. I do have a high elf hero with sword and shield, as well as a Teclis, along with a huge block of Swordmasters of Hoeth (17 of them). I hope that keeps me busy enough until July 11th.

No comments: