Jun 8, 2015

Zombehz

Remember these guys?
I finished them today.


For the record, they're a set of zombies blended together with a unit of Bretonian Men-at-arms.

That means that the only thing that I have to paint for the rest of my vampire army is a mounted necromancer.
 After that I either have to go and buy more stuff for my vampires, or do something that I don't really care about, like painting some high elf units with their pointy ears.

This is the tricky part of this hobby. I can't decide what I want to do at this point. Do I want to work on something that I will never use as part of the game, just because it's free? Do I buy one BIG piece that will take me a while to figure out and paint? Or, do I buy a battalion box that has a ton of models in it, and just commit to the hobby and realize that I'm going to be working on a ton of units because they all come in the box? The options!

Oh well, either way, I'm finished with zombies for now. I'm sort of happy how they turned out considering that I haven't painted in such a long time and I'm using walmart paint, with cheap brushes, so it's not too bad. Especially considering that they're zombies and get absolutely wrecked by just about every single thing that is in the game and are only valued at about 3 points a head. I picked up a few new tricks and tips that I tried on them, so at least I have those under my belt now to be used on some of the bigger things.

No comments: