Jun 23, 2015

No More

I can do some crazy grinding if I know what I can see the goal that I'm going for.

You tell me that a monster will give me what I want at a .03% chance, and at least I know what I'm trying to do.

You tell me that the only way to platinum a game is to upgrade every single item and make it so I have a full and complete list (but then give me the list) - I can do that.

The biggest grinds that I have been willing to do at least give me some sense of what I'm doing is headed in the right direction. I might have been doing it slightly less efficently as I could have, but I at least knew where I was, where I was headed, and the long path that was between those two points.

Cross Edge is off the table.

I'm done with it.

I was not that far into the game when I ran into a 'boss' fight. (Trying to fight Etna and a mob of prinies) and there was a minor problem - I couldn't do it. The team that I had leveled up, and even the people that had recently joined the madness of my team were not strong enough to put a dent in the fight. Even with a cycling of characters out once some of them died, it still wasn't enough.

I went back and started to grind as much as possible, and even with almost two hours of grinding, my characters were still not strong enough, and she wrecked my team. I'm sure there's some combo of the dozen characters that I have floating around that would absolutely wreck Etna and her priny squad, but I don't have time to go through all of the variations of that, trying to figure out stat and gear builds that work best with specific character combinations. I'm sorry, I just don't care. You gave me too much to play with, with no explanation as to what the people even do, so no, you don't get my time.

I don't know how close I am to the end (I'm guessing not that close), I know that I have no clue what is going on, and I'm already frustrated with the game, so instead of trying to bite my lip and just deal with some of the bad, I'm throwing in the towel.

The game is not user friendly. The game isn't player friendly. There is no quality of the game that makes it so that I think that I can stand playing it for the seemingly required 100+ hours just to get past where I'm stuck at. It's not worth it. There's not a strong enough story line, the characters are not memorable enough, the fighting is too convoluted, the graphics are too poor, and the controls and menus are anything but intuitive.

I can't do it.

No more Cross Edge.

No comments: