Feb 25, 2016

Real Talk

Real talk time-

I'm practically done with my book.

But

I refuse to work on it.

It's finished. It is a grand total of about five pages from being done, I know what needs to be on those pages, but I don't finish the book. The reason I don't finish it, is that if I don't have a finished book, I don't have to work on marketing it. I don't have to try to sell myself. If I don't have a finished book, I don't have to put myself out there. If I don't have a finished book, no one can tell me no. With a finished book that all changes, so I don't finish my book.

I know I should be working on it. I know that I should be doing something with my time rather than just staring at my comptuer doing absolutely nothing, but I don't want to. I'm throwing a fit that Addie would be proud of and I just don't want to.

Speaking of her - I'm going to go check on her and make sure that she's asleep. She's been sleeping through the night for years now, but I'm still going to do it because it's something to do rather than finishing up my book.

No comments: