May 13, 2015

Seriously? - My American Life

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/85/poultry-slam-1997

Seriously? There's another one?

WHY TAL? WHY? Why are you doing this to me?

Just stop doing it. Stop it. I checked the records and the last Poultry Slam is in 1999, and I am so happy that I only have to deal with this stupid topic only a few more times and then I'll never have to see it ever again.

For those of you who don't know what's going on, This American Life has a yearly show called The Poultry Slam, where the entire episode is about poultry, and for me, there's only so much I can say about turkey. Seriously, there's only so much I can talk about with stuffing, and turkey, and whatever else that you can try to say is related to poultry.

Seriously, how much can you say you deal with poultry. You might have one story if you're lucky, or maybe two, but to come up with multiple stories that involve chickens, ducks, or turkies and you really start to stretch yourself thin.

It's two in a row that I just don't have a story for, but when they're this limited, or on topics that I've already written on, there's no way that I can come up with something new or original.

No comments: