May 30, 2015

My Stash

Part of the reason Warhammer seems to be a topic of conversation on here quite a bit, is because while packing, I ran into my Warhammer stuff that I got (free) from the mission. The only things I've ever bought for the game are paint, brushes, and two armies (Zach, and some zombies).

Well, time to show you some of this stuff so you can see just what I have at my finger tips. These are on my empty bookshelves and taken very quickly, so they don't look amazing, but hey, they're good pictures considering my shaky hand disease that is totally made up but makes every picture I take super blurry. Just remember that you can zoom in on all of these pictures to get some super high def pictures of my messy paint jobs.

Let's start out with the worst of the worst, the Britonian army that I have. You'll see that it's a mess of stuff, with only a handful of poorly painted (their horses don't even have paint on them) knights.
On the far left are the knights that have a bit of stuff on them, I was bored so I gave them all different shields and standards because I was using the excuse that it was a bunch of nobles with all sorts of different crests and shields coming together. . . but they're poorly done, so whatever.

You'll see next to them a battle standard bearer and two damsels. From there, it's just a giant stack of unpainted, random pieces of horses and knights. There used to be other units within the whole deal, but they've been lost over all of the different moves that I've done with them, so all we've got are horses and then those units.

You can't really call it an army because it's missing a whole lot of stuff (like an actual army) but that's what we've got for those silly knights. This is the army that I care the least about because well. . . they're knights and that's boring. Horses and people riding on them. If you're trying to make a unified look to your army, it's the same thing over and over again, unlike zombies where it's just doing whatever you want and as long as it looks undead, you're golden.

Now, onto the next army, high elves.
These guys are my first paint job that I ever did. There's a lot of units missing, but that highlighter orange and blue is always me. Some of these units are down right horrible, because they were the first units I ever painted.
This guy was one of the first commanders that I tried to make, and you can see just how flat he is. I was happy that I managed to get some sort of color change on that gem on his belt, and able to highlight the runes on his sword.

After painting those flat units, I slowly tried to learn about painting, and then this wizard showed up on the scene. She's no longer in production, so yay for that, but I spent a lot of time making sure that I highlighted, layered paints, and did my best quality work with her.
I tried to blend some of the blues together on her crown, and then the elements that she's standing on each get highlights and layered painting on them as well. Just remember that 90% of those colors you're seeing are colors that I hand mixed. I know for sure that I did not have purple, and I only had a dark blue.
As a reminder all of these paints were done about 8 years ago. I'm happy that they've kept as well as they have, but you just have to know that there's been some aging with them because I didn't seal them, and I don't upkeep them that well, but hey, for being 8 years old and hand painted in a different country, I'm pretty happy how things have gone over the years.

In the elf army there's a healthy amount of things that are not painted, or missing units to make up an actual army. The repeater bow is broken in parts and missing one of its workers, Teclis is untouched, a hero is in the same camp, then there are 15 swordmasters, along with a standard bearer (the dude with the spear above) that are untouched as well. Over to the side of that picture you can see the silver helms that are not on bases, missing arms, and missing paint as well. That army is also missing a full archery group as well as a full spearman group. Oh well, at least I managed a pretty awesome wizard.

Now for the nice one - the chaos army.
 This is the origional owner's masterpiece. I have added nothing to it, and his paint jobs are amazing on the entire thing. There's a unit of maurauders that isn't painted, but everything else in it is just amazing.

For example, the dragon ogre shaggoth. He twisted the paint job to match the Tzeentch mark that the army is under, and it looks amazing.
 It is an amazing looking piece, but I never have it out because like I said before, I didn't make it, so it's not mine. It is something that I could easily get some amazing comments about because it is well painted, but I didn't do it, so I'm not going to show it off.

Then, there's my baby, the vampires.

Most of this army I inherited along with everything else, but this is the army that I like the most. I added a unit of zombies to it (who need to finish being painted) and even took apart some Britonian foot soldiers and mashed together zombies with the soldiers so that I also have Britonian zombies (that need to be given some paint and love).  You'll even see to the far left of this that there's a second necromancer that needs some attention as well with some paint, because necromancers are always the answer.


 But then after all of my trials with painting, and with everything that I learned, there's my baby. The one that I spent the most time on and is easily the one which will never be packed away because it took me so much time and he just looks awesome. Zacharias on a zombie dragon.
 Not a single color on that figure came directly from a can. Every single paint on this model was mixed by me. The layers are something I love, the highlights are perfect, and the entire thing is something that I am just proud of.

That's what I have to work with. I don't need to buy anything more than paint and some brushes because I have enough figures that are not painted, or poorly painted, that I can just work on them before I have to invest hundreds and hundreds of dollars on all of the figures and box sets that I'm looking at because they just look awesome and I want a copy for my bookshelf to have.

It's only like $1,000 worth of figures. ONLY. But just think about how nice they'd look next to Zacharias. He needs friends (and a new black coach).
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Nagash
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Mortarch-Mannfred
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Mortarch-Neferata
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Arkhan-the-Black
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Vampire-Counts-Mortis-Engine
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/The-Black-Host
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/The-Army-of-the-Silver-Pinnacle
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/The-Army-of-Sternieste
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Vampire-Counts-Battalion
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Vampire-Counts-Black-Coach

No comments: