Apr 6, 2015

The Idler

I'm putting this out there, just because I know that it'll never happen because the books are too expensive and too hard to find. However, if any of you ever want to know what I really want for a present, find a full, unabridged copy of Samuel Johnson's "The Idler". It's a series of essays that he wrote that I think are down right amazing, and need to be read by every single person ever, unfortunately they're hard to come by.

Important note - do NOT get an abridged or shortened version of the set. There is too many good essays in there to make any edits and it's not what I'm looking for. Most likely it will take two books to cover the entire set and is typically found as volume one and two.

Then the impossible of all impossible finds would be to find the complete works of Samuel Johnson. The man wrote a TON of stuff, to find everything that he ever wrote would be near impossible but I would love to have it.

No comments: