Apr 8, 2015

South Africa - My American Life

This episode was all about going on a trek to South Africa, and having never been to South Africa, or ever really wanting to visit there, I don't really have much of anything to say. It's all about finding your long lost family, race relations, and everything else that has to do with South Africa. Unfortunately I don't have much/any to say about South Africa.

The first experience that I ever had with South Africa was at BYU where one of my classmates went through introductions and he said that he was from South Africa. My only other tie to South Africa is that one of my current students is from there. Both guys were pretty chill, the first was a comparative literature major, the second is my student, and that's about all I've got.

I wish I could say more about South Africa, that I've always wanted to go there, or how I feel so strongly about the race relations that are there, but honestly, I don't have much. I don't want to visit there, race equality happened there by the time that I was old enough to understand what had happened there, and there's nothing that is really pulling me to pay attention to it. Sure they had some really messed up history in South Africa, but that doesn't mean I want to visit now.

Sorry, but this is just one of those that no matter how hard I try to stretch it, I just don't have anything to add to this episode of This American Life.

No comments: