Aug 18, 2014

Those Poor Souls at CCSD

They're short teachers. http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/education/wanted-2000-new-ccsd-teachers and I just happen to be qualified and have enough education to teach. I would like to teach, but I also wouldn't like to leave behind Addison and Alicia, which is what taking that job would mean I'd have to do. With that in mind, I'm not taking it. I know that I'm going to confuse the people in charge of applications and that they might get mad at me, but it's not worth it. Big picture, I can stay in Utah and work at ROI, or whatever comes my way. Teaching for CCSD isn't big picture, that's short term, small picture, and I was just too stupid and too hard headed to admit it to myself. I always knew that it wasn't supposed to happen, I just needed to step back away from it and see things on a bigger scale.

Big scale, I need to be with my family.
Big scale, it's more important to be with them, than get a slightly better pay check.
Big scale, something might happen in Utah.
Big scale, I don't want to force the move to Vegas, and then (hopefully) a year later force a move to somewhere else where I get a teaching position that I actually want, and am not (sorry Alicia for these words, but it's partially CCSD and partially because it's high school level) settling for.

Now, I just have to come up with an explanation to CCSD HR about why I'm taking away my application a second time. I'm thinking about going with I got a position where I'm currently living that would make it so I wouldn't have to move.

Hopefully this realization will help get rid of the stress eye twitch. Useless information, but when things get really stressful in my life, and it gets really bad, my right eye gets a twitch in it, a muscle spasm that I can not control. Lately it has been hitting me HARD, and on top of it, I've also been getting the nervous, stress, insomnia where I can't do anything including sleep, and that's never fun. Hopefully, fingers crossed, coming to this realization and pulling a leap of faith Adam move that I have a bad habit of pulling, I'll just take the dive and things will work out, because that's what is supposed to happen.

No comments: