Aug 20, 2014

Schedule

Words of wisdom:
- If you suggest for me to do something more than what I'm already doing in my life, for me to believe you, and maybe even recognize your suggestion, you're going to have to tell me when I'm going to do it.

I do not understand when people say that I should write more, that I should go to meetings at the job center, that I should apply for more jobs, that I should job hunt more, that I should sleep more, that I should do _________ more.

I agree, if I had time, I'd love to job hunt more.
If I had time, I'd love to network and try to find jobs in my field that are what I am looking for.
If I had time, I'd love to sleep 8 hours every night, however that's not an option.
Sure, I could disregard my wife, not talk to, interact, or be with her to give me more time to be selfish and do something else, however call it crazy, but if I only see my wife, awake, for an hour or two a day, I'm going to try to spend that time with her, NOT doing something else.
I could be a real jerk to my family and leave them as soon as my wife gets home so that I can do what I want to do for a few hours, but that isn't the best option. 

I wish I could do more, but unless someone is watching Addison or I stop trying to go to work, I'm pretty set on my schedule.

Long story short - don't tell me that I need to do more unless you're willing to figure out where in my life that something more is going to fit. Thanks for the advice, but I didn't ask for it and there's no room for it in my life right now. Please come back when there's less balls in the air that I have to try to juggle.

No comments: