Aug 12, 2014

DA

For those that don't know what's going on when I reference "DA" I'm too lazy to write out the entire name of the book that I'm working on, Dream Analysis. Here's where I'm at so far https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bsPB8CjLyjr7_VHb-XIfWT-O2nC6oiBiIEPWMtaFO3s/edit?usp=sharing

The goal is that I have this thing finished and at least given a once over to make sure that major errors aren't in it by the end of the month, that's going to require some serious planning and knowing exactly what I'm going to do next in the story so that when I sit down to type, I'm not tempted to start lurking through IMgur, or Facebook, or even play an hour and a half long game of HoN (Yes that happened tonight too, it wasn't that bad of a game, I somehow found myself in a five stack with some decent players and even got to try out Magmus, honestly I can see the power that he can provide, he just has some serious manna issues to deal with).

So to fight the procrastination in the future, I'm going to procrastinate right now by outlining the rest of the story. Hopefully tomorrow when I sit down at night and stare at my computer I'll be thinking about this and jump straight into it and have a productive night of writing, instead of contemplating wither or not Midnight Club LA really deserves the Nintendo Hard title that some people talk about it with, but then again I checked my % completion and I'm only 25% in, so I don't know exactly what it'll look like when I get further into the game.

One more day stuck in the castle
  • Kendel is stuck out with he king, no worries about him out there, he just wants to know what's happening back with the group. 
  • Pia, Britney and David get together and do a brainstorm session, now that they're back togehter, and tey're all sane, they get the ball rolling on exactly what is going on and where they are headed. 
  • Britney has secrets from the duke and when he's planning to attack, it looks like he's going to attack in three days from when they're talking because that's when the king should be the furthest away and the timing should be right for the attack. 
College
  •  Doors are still locked
  • Kendel gets caught up on everything and what happened while he was away. Gets upset at David. 
  • Yelling through the doors, they start planning for the 20's and exactly what they need to do there to catch the thief. I need to go back and re-read and see where Britney was in trying to befriend them, or even see what the plan was before so that I can make things match, I can't remember what I had them doing and the path that they were headed down for this (this is part of the reason that I didn't want to write because I didn't want to go back and read quite yet, but I didn't want to go forward in fear that I'd get it entirely wrong than what came in the opposite direction)
  • Either way, get them to make a solid plan on how to get things moving in the 20's, don't plan much for the castle, just get Kendel caught up. 
20's
  • Set up the sting (whatever the steps were from above)
  • Sting (it works perfectly except for one part where David, out of desperation tries to use a spell from the castle to help him out and he's not sure if the magic worked, or if  it was just luck that things worked out the way they did. 
  • Cops catch the thief, Omel goes down with a fight, he gets shot, no more for them to deal with because Omel is dead. 
  • This can take two or three days in the 20's without interuption from the other dreams if needed. 
Castle
  • Two more days until the attack
  • Kendel tries everything to get the king to start heading back, he stays out.
  • David starts researching trying to find anything in all of his books that magically could help stop Omel, Pia tries to suck it up and be a princess to try to see how the state of everything is, and make sure that there are friends somewhere within the castle that are looking out for her. Britney, is with the duke making sure that they always know exactly where he is and what he is doing so that there will be no surprises.   
To be continued when I'm at work and have nothing to do. 

No comments: