Jan 15, 2016

Terminators

So, I heard you like color blending.



Here's a bit of what I've been wasting my time on lately.

Chaos space marine terminators that match the rest of my army. It's sort of awesome.

By the way, I did the math, and it's looking like for the final 1,500 point games, I'm going to be fielding only 31 units, one flyer, and two transports. That's 36 models.

THIRTY SIX!

For those playing at home, I have more than thirty six zombies for my vampire counts. Even my skeletons, which look awesome, I've almost got more than thirty six of (I've got 34 of those). I knew that I was going to be light on units, but dang this is just stupid how few units I have and can field.

This is why I picked chaos. I could take my time, make things look stupid sick, and still be able to look like I have a half complete army.

The unfortunate thing about this is that out of those 36 models, only 17 are painted. I'm well under half. The really sad thing is that out of the rest of those models that I have to paint, three of them are REALLY big compared to everything else. Even these terminators that I'm working on are small compared to the Helldrake or the transports that I still have to work on, and I'm dreading those bigger models. It took me a long time to do these smaller ones, I have no clue what in the world I'm going to do when I'm faced with, not just one, but three more monsters of a model. Luckily I won't have to worry about that. The plan is as follows.

  • Finish up the 10 man terminator unit (I want to rush 5 because those are the ones that I'm going to field, but I want their friends to be finished too).
  • Spend a stupid amount of time on a chaos lord. I've been sitting on him for too long, I have to man up and finally do something with him. If what you see above is table top quality, I'm still trying to figure out a way to make his painting even better. He's supposed to be the leader, so I've got to step up his painting a notch (which frightens me to death). 
  • Dive into the thousand sons. I've got a lot to do with those guys, and there's a lot of them too. Again, high quality because they're important and what not. The weird part about these guys is that I want them to all look the same, which means that I want to paint them at the same time, but I'm only able to field 10 of them, so a group of them are just going to be sitting around looking awesome, but not used.
  • Then and only then will I look at the Helldrake. Most likely at that point I'm not even going to touch the Helldrake, I'm going to move into the transports and do them first so I don't get too scared, but one or the other group will get done. 

Then that's it. From that point on, everything else is bonus that I can play around with with my army. I've got extra maurauders, chosen, raptors, marines, and even a winged deamon that I need to work on, but the list above comes first because that's what I want on the field.

No comments: