Jan 6, 2016

Guess What I Did Today

 Don't tell anyone, but this is what I did today. 
If you don't know what this means, it means that I did modeling of twenty thousand sons (including the sorcerers for each group with one of the sorcerers stealing a staff from a certain mortarch that never got modeled because I couldn't find the gun he was supposed to have).

This was a mess.

Modeling is not my strong point. There is a reason that I willingly and knowingly buy ebay models that are already put together, but not painted. I have so much super glue on my fingers isn't not even funny. There's so much wrong with these guys I can't even start to mention it. I gave them a host of weapons that they're not supposed to have, and I did things just because I wanted them to look cool, with no intentions of them being WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

It was a crazy day of figuring out how in the world to put a gun on a unit with clipping out gun handles and all sorts of crazy things, but hopefully it doesn't look too bad when I'm finally done with it. Either way, it was a fun day working on these guys.

Another fun note is that there's a HORDE of guys (including two other 1k sons) that are in the goop right now getting rid of their paint that was put on them by the person I bought them from.

Oh, and don't tell anyone this super secret either - Officially for Christmas I got some . . . interesting. . .  presents. I knew that there was going to be a lot of people falling through with their gifts that they promised me, so I got my own birthday present. It was an Ebay auction that included . . .

1- Daemon Prince.
1- Predator Tank.
2- Rhino transports (one still in box).
5- Chaos space marine Terminators.
1- Chaos lord/sorcerer.
5- Possessed Chaos Space Marines.
5- Raptors (all with wings from the possessed kit) Very cool!
18- Thousand sons (mostly incomplete but the bits are there to finish them).
2- Thousand sons sorcerers.
24- Chaos space marines.
10- Slightly modified vampire count ghouls that i was using as lesser daemons.

 For only $200, which is significantly less than you'd get those stuffs for, I bought myself a 40k christmas/birthday present. Yay for having a 1k Sons army now.

No comments: