Aug 10, 2015

Timing

This is when things get a little spooky.

ROI has always been a perfect fit for what I needed it to be. As horrible as that company was ran, it always met exactly what I needed it to be.

When I first got the job I was the Swedish translator, but at the same time I got the job I was also moving to Pleasant Grove, with no car, and no cash to even think about getting a car. It just happened to turn out that ROI was down the street from where I had just moved to, and I didn't need a car.

When my masters degree really started to kick up a notch and I needed extra time at work to maybe spend a bit of time on my homework, my campaign started to slow down and I had dead time to work on things.

When Addison was born, I just happened to be moved into a campaign that was ran by a person who was flexible with his hours, but treated the job in a way that I wanted to stay.

When I got my position at LDSBC, the company just happened to start go down hill even more than before, making me want to bail, and also made it easier for me to start thinking about leaving and getting an alternate job.

Then comes the kicker to all of this when I got fired/quit.

Officially this is how it went down - the boss told me to meet with him on Friday around noon, I went down, got fired. There were more details here, and there's more information that I don't want to get into, but either way, I knew that from everything that I had ever done with ROI previously, it was going to work out because ROI has ALWAYS fit the role that I needed them to fit. 

The funny part about this, the part that is nice and spooky, is that about a half hour before I was fired, I got accepted to teach at UVU. As soon as I didn't need to be there any more, ROI got rid of me. As soon as there was literally nothing else that the company could do for me, it spit me out within a half hour.

Call it coincidence, call it an act of God, or call it whatever you want, there's just too many times that my life made a move and at almost the exact same time ROI managed to move to fit into that new world that I lived in. It's a little spooky.

No comments: