Dec 6, 2014

I'm Sort of a Big Thing In Europe

A quick shout out to my people in France!


France just took the lead of the country that reads this blog the most. A+ to the 30+ views that came in from you just in the past two days.

Considering that I know a grand total of zero people in France, hello people! I took two years of French in high school and it has all been erased in my brain and replaced with Swedish, so sorry I'm not going to butcher your language with what little I can remember.

Not really sure why I'm such a hit in France, but hey, whatever, at least I know that it's not anyone that I know so there's a bonus there, right? None of you are going to actual bug me about what I'm writing about on here, so I'm still safe to write whatever I want and know that there's no chance that you're going to say anything to me about it!

PS - One of the only vivid memories that I still have in my brain from my French class was my French Canadian teacher calling me chicken (poulet) over and over again for not taking French III my Senior year of high school. To this day I want to run into his classroom (he still teaches there!) and just start yammering at him in Swedish and calling him kyckling. Also, I remember that whenever we had to listen and translate French, we couldn't understand the French that was being spoken because it was real French and we had only learned his French Canadian. When the French people would say a phrase it would all take us forever to interpret it, but when he'd say the exact same phrase we knew exactly what was going on, so I don't even vaguely know French, I vaguely know Canadian French.

No comments: