Apr 2, 2014

Interesting

I am hiding this post a few days back from when I actually wrote it. I wrote it on 4/22, but I'm putting it as 4/2 so the blog will post date it and hide it in the archives. I'm only doing this because it's a legitimate rant, and as much as I want it to be part of my rant, I don't want it on front page for the casual viewer.

Gwen sent me this - "Collin posted a new full time English position at one f the campuses and rumor has it that they will be adding another posting sometime soon. Let me know if you can't find the listing" 

Alicia doesn't want to go. 

The interesting part, it's a full time position, in exactly what I want, and Alicia says that she'll feel guilty if it's because her that I don't get it. She then says that I should be the man and make the choice about what we are going to do, where we're going to live and all of that, but then turns around and puts restrictions on it telling me that it has to be within a certain mile radius of Vegas, but not in Vegas because she hates Vegas, and not outside of Vegas because she hates those towns too, but not in certain parts of S. Utah because those towns are too small, and not in Arizona because she doesn't speak Spanish and doesn't want to become an ESL teacher, and not in California because California is horrible, and not in Northern Nevada because of reasons (that she went on about for about an hour).

I'm supposed to be 'free' and move us around and be what I want where I want. . . but the entire map quickly gets minimized down to about a 50 mile by 50 mile square that I have to find the perfect well paying job in, meanwhile there's a perfect job that my own family is championing for me to get, but because it's not in the golden area that changes nothing within Alicia's life, but also keeps me stuck where I'm at.

I want to be selfish and say that it's all about me and move us without regards to her, but then I have to live with angry unhappy Alicia, and no one wants that. I'm stumped.

No comments: