Apr 7, 2014

8 Bit on Next Gen- The Games I've Plaed

This next game has gotten some attention already on this blog because of just how annoying it is. Again, it falls into the category of a game that a friend told me that I just had to play because of how great it was.

It wasn't.

From start to finish, it took me about two and a half years for me to go from opening screen to closing credits. Not because I was playing it solid for two years, but because I gave up on it and threw it on the bookshelf, and only finished the game when I got on a trip to try to at least finish some of the games that I hadn't finished.

Let me have that sink in, it took me two and a half years for me to get bored enough, and OCD enough, to finally put the game back into the console and finish the game.


If I was a gamer way back in the day, and the ps3 wasn't my first system that I ever owned, and had I played any of the early Zelda games, this game most likely would have meant a whole lot more to me than it actually did. It's an old school Zelda 8 bit game. . . but in 3d with HD graphics. . . and also satirizing the old school Zelda games at the same time.

Because I've beat up this game before on this blog, I'm going to try to leave this one short and sweet. If you liked old school Zelda, then you're going to like this game. If you don't like old school Zelda, or have never played it, avoid this game. This is fan service to those Zelda players, and almost inaccessible to anyone else. Not worth the time or headache, unless it's already on your bookshelf and you want to say that you've at least played every game on your bookshelf from start to finish.

No comments: