Jan 31, 2017

Power Gaming

I think that I have lost the vibe of power gaming, in fact tonight I really learned to hate it.

Tonight I got to oportunity to talk with a power gamer for a long period of time, and it was painful. Everything was about min/max, everything was pushing something that should have been a game to its furthest details and trying to break everything.

To him it was fun to try to push the boundaries and find just the perfect way to power game and twist the rules.

To me, it was anything but fun.The entire deal he was taking way too serious in my book. I know at the same point he's most likely saying the same thing about me. He's upset because I just don't care about what he obsessed over.

The best part about the obsession was that he had to have the perfect blend of everything. He had to have the perfect minis, the perfect army, the perfect strategy, the perfect fluff, and everything had to e the best that it could be. He had explanations for every thing that he painted that wasn't typical, and he was doing his best to understand every army that he could go up against and the full hundred year history of his unit of guys and how they worked together.

Then he looked at my army, andasked what my back story was for my army and why they looked so different. My explination? It loks cool so I wanted to do it.

I don't have some crazy background story about the fluff of my units. I don't have their unit history of who they are and where hey come from. I also have never read a single 40k book ever. I play the game. I enjoy the game. I enjoy painting them too, but that's about it. I don't need 40k to itch the scratch of story telling for me. for that I've got a novel.

No comments: