Nov 13, 2015

Sunset Or Fire, Not Quite Sure

I've been playing around with the pain scheme on these guys, but I'm thinking I'm getting a little bit closer with what I want to do.

The ones in front are obviously the ones that I've been playing around with. The plan is to color blend on everything that is red. Every place you see red paint it's going to be like the shoulder pads on the far right marine where you can see it fade from yellow down to red. That blend is on all major armor pieces (shoulder pads and leg pieces) and then also on backpacks, and all horns. All metal is going to be a blue metal. It's not obvious that it's blue, the guy on the far left is rocking the blue metal, but hopefully with enough contrast it'll somewhat show up in the paining, otherwise, it's just a cool little thing that it's a slightly blue tinted metal.

That's the GENERAL idea. From there, details details details.

I've base coated a few places that I'm going to try to do a color blend, but it'll be interesting to see how it turns out, because how do you do a color blend on a piece of a gun that is super tiny. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.

The plan for painting is as follows -
base everything that I don't have
color blend
metal
edge highlights on base blue armor
edge highlights on color blend
any extra details that want to hurt my brain

That should keep me busy for a while.

No comments: