Nov 10, 2015

Grades Are In Time To Plan

Grades are in, and TAL was down last time I checked so I can't listen to anything so time to plan.

I like the look of this, but I want to see just how much I can do on the idea of fading together colors and playing with that. I'm thinking a dull blue/purple as the base, and then everything that I want to pop out (shoulder pads, random chunks of armor, whatever else) is going to be a fire fade. Not a harsh yellow orange like the pictures here, but going back to what I've been trying to learn and doing that whole color blend from yellow to a dark red (fire) on everything. I'm thinking that because of that I'm going to stick with more of a silver/gun metal on all of the metal chunks and then work from there with details.

Reference pages for the idea is going to be these ones, but I'm going to try for more color blending, less of a goopy look, and then of course, just details details details everywhere I can get it. Also, I'm not a fan of that harsh of a blue so I'm thinking I want to go with something darker as my base so that the flame color really pops off of it. Any excuse to use that dark color I've been going with on VC's, right? I have a chance to do an entire 2k points without having to do the same exact model twice, so I'm going to try to love every single crazy little detail that I can find. Who cares if I win a game, I'm going to look awesome while doing it.


No comments: