Jan 5, 2015

Random Research

I've been kicking around an idea, so I want to do some random research and post it up here for a potential story idea. I'm not quite sure if I'll use it, but it's something that's been floating around long enough that I'm going to at least write down some of the stuff.

41, -116 is the point

Middle of nowhere N. Nevada.

We can get the letters

4, 1, 11, 6 - dakf
4, 1, 1, 16 - daap
4, 1, 1, 1, 6 - daaaf

An alternate good choice is 38, -115
3, 8, 1, 1, 5 - chaae
3, 8, 11, 5 - chke
3, 8, 1, 15 - chao

I think we just found ourselves a winner - Camp Chao.

It's such a secret that they put the location in the name.

Let's play around with a few others and see where we can end up, but for now I'm really liking Chao.

If we do something tricky with this list-
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

I wonder if we could loop around and get some interesting results.

38 becomes L
so we get Lao, Lke, Lae

41 becomes 0
so we can get Okf, Oap, Oaaf

Chao is still the winner so far.

I also like it because it's right next to "Timber Mountain"
I mean, look at the place, there's nothing there! Camp Chao could TOTALLY be right near there and no one would ever notice. PS - it's going to be pronounced Ciao, but spelt Chao.

It was a stab in the dark, and I'm sure with more fiddling with numbers I could try to force it into something that I want, but let's be honest, this is pretty awesome as is for only checking two locations, and this is what pops out. The closest city is Las Vegas, but something like 200 miles away, if not more.

IT JUST GOT BETTER!

Just for the lulz of the people who would be going to this camp - it's the highest point of the Seaman Range. http://www.peakbagging.com/NVPhotos/TimberMtn.html I mean, I couldn't have hoped for anything as good as that.

Checked the travel time - it's just under 200 miles from Las Vegas, takes 4 1/2 hours to drive there on dirt roads. Yeah, this is starting to really look like a home for the camp. I'm all aboard for Camp Chao now.

No comments: