Jan 1, 2015

A Break In The Vacation - My American Life

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/43/faustian-bargains

The opening of this show there's the author behind Dangerous Minds. She's a teacher and she wanted to write a story about the teens that she deals with and the urban setting that they were in. She wanted to do this, but when she sold her story to Hollywood, Hollywood did whatever they wanted to do with it, and she got upset that her story was twisted to make a compelling TV series, and movie, and all of this other stuff.

Wow, life sure must be hard for you making money. You know how annoying that is.
I really, REALLY hate people that are in ANY industry, especially the media/entertainment industry and get upset that their industry is making them money.

You mean, you're successful at what you wanted to do? You're making money? You can pay your bills? You can live a reasonable life without worrying if your credit card is close to being maxed out? You have a personal savings? Wow, your life sure must be hard.

I know that this thing was all about making a deal with the devil, but really, I'm going to say that making a deal with a person to sell a story to them, getting royalties off of the idea and any production of that idea, isn't a deal with the devil if you ask me, that's a pretty sweet deal and is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not looking to change the world, I'm looking for more commas in my bank account total.


No comments: