Jun 9, 2014

Late Night Thoughts

As I read more and more of Midnight's Children, and the more I try to fight it, the story that I want to write, the story that I think is interesting, but won't write because it hits too close to home, is the story of Saleem and his power to hear. I think that it is the most interesting part of the entire story, because that ability and how his family reacts to it, how he feels about it, rings true. What he talks about, how he understands it, how he deals with it as a kid, and how he learns that he must always keep it hidden is truth.

Midnight's Children has made me want to work so hard on Angels or whatever I'm calling it, because he hits on the topic a bit when he's talking about Saleem, but there's a lot missing there and the feelings of going insane, and no one around you believing you, and the only person you have to trust being yourself in a mirror.

I know this makes no sense to you as the reader, and I know I'm being vague, but I'm being intentionally vague, and I don't want to have you understand everything.

No comments: