Jun 20, 2014

GRINDY GRINDY!

Doing post game stuff in FFX, maxing stats, kicking butt, and taking names. And I just ran into the super grindy section of the entire thing- luck.

The other stats naturally show up throughout the game. It's not too difficult by just running the entire sphere grid to get 100+ strength. In fact, it's sort of impossible doing the basic grid to NOT have 100+ in some stats. But then comes luck. If you're lucky, and you dump every single sphere you can find into one person, you're lucky if your luck stat is somewhere in the 20's.

To put this into context of what that means, here's a basic translation. To change a sphere on the grid (not to even activate it, just to change it) you have to kill a pretty difficult monster even with all of your other stats maxed. If you do a good job killing it, you'll be able to alter two spots in the grid. I need to roughly alter 58 locations on the grid to max out that stat, and with only getting two at a time, that gives me 29 fights that I'm going to need to just alter the grid.




Once the grid is altered, I then need to activate those 58 locations . . . for all 7 characters. That means that I'm going to have to activate them 406 times. Normally, there's a way to 'cheat' your way into activation spheres and get 40 at a time, but not so much for the luck spheres. For those, you have to go one at a time, and if you're lucky 2 at a time. That means, that on top of those previous 29 fights just to change the grid, I'm going to have to do roughly 203 times, if I'm lucky and get perfect drops every single time. Most likely it'll be in the ballpark of 220 times assuming that 10% of the time I get bad drops (and that's thinking super positive).



That gives me 249 fights that I need to somehow speed my way through with no other shortcuts to than just dealing the damage and laying down the hurt. RO style grinding, ACTIVATE!

No comments: