Sep 27, 2014

Tips and Trick

It's one of those things that seems to be misunderstood lately, but when I talk about what I talk about on this blog, it's honestly things that I enjoy, what is going on in my brain in the hours that I don't need to be thinking about something.

I honestly enjoy gaming.

I honestly enjoy writing.

Those two things are what help me unwind. After a long day, I don't want to watch TV, I don't want to watch a movie, I could even care less about eating a good meal, what I really want to do is get lost in a good game, or get lost in writing a good story.

I don't know what it is, but TV, movies, and even some books, aren't exactly my cup of tea. I'd much rather sit back, play a game, and grind out a few dozen levels. That is what relaxes me.

Edit #1- stopped writing for a bit because things came up.

With this in mind, it helps understand a few other things.

I don't play hyper competitive games (HoN, CoD, Dota2) or infuriating games (Dead Souls) because who would ever get relaxed by that?

I don't watch the same TV shows over and over again, because I already heard the story, and it's not interesting. If a story isn't interesting, why would I watch it? I have the same standards that I have for games that I have for everything else. Why would I play the same game multiple times, if I already know the story and nothing is going to change? I'm a sucker for a good, suck you in and don't let you go, type of story. One that you feel involved in (or are actually involved in), is what I look for. Either way, watching the same show for the eighth time just isn't fun for me, I don't see what anyone would get out of it. Being able to quote lines from a show from heart is about as dull as those people that can quote entire games from heart. Go find something else, go watch something else, go explore what other stories have to be told, listening to the same one every day is boring. There's millions of stories out there, why stick yourself with the same one, over and over, and over, and over, and over again?

Just my 2 cents.

In other news, I'm going to start substitute teaching soon, I'm scared out of my brain to even think that I would be in charge of a classroom. Here's hoping that I don't screw up too bad!

No comments: