Oct 30, 2017

Choices Were Made

I know that I even said on here that I need to remember to focus on all of the armies that I need to paint instead of trying to buy new ones, but then my dream army went up for sale on ebay. It's a harlequin army, and exactly what I was thinking about buying fresh out of box once I got armies painted to really put together something from scratch. Seriously, the list is borderline what I would have bought fresh. The only thing that it's missing is the troupe masters.

Here's what's in there.

32 players with lots of varieties of weapons. Lots of Neuro and fusion pistols.

2 solitaires. One has custom rose on tip of weapon.

4 shadowseers. 1 is the older fine cast one.

4 death jesters.

3 voidweavers.

3 starweavers.

12 skyweavers.

1 codex.

1 tactical/ physicic cards.

1 Brand new white dwarf magazine featuring the harlequins.

1 bag of harlequin bits.

Now this is the interesting part. The bidding was done at 8:30. Someone tried to snipe me by outbidding me by $10 at 8:29:21. Somehow by fate or just luck, I checked on the bid on my phone during class saw this and managed to sneak in my own bid. Officially, according to ebay, my bid went in at 8:30:10.

Now, just because I'm still floating on the win of that, a brief overview of the cost of what I just got, had I bought it new, like I wanted to.
32 players - these come in boxes of 6, that means that to get the same amount I'd need to buy 6 boxes. at $40 a piece, that's $240 there. 
2 solitaires - $26 a piece, that's $52.
4 shadowseers - $26 a piece again, that's $104
4 death jesters - $26 a piece, $104
3 voidweavers - $41 a piece $123
3 starweavers - $41 a piece $123
12 skyweavers - $40 for a pair, that means 6 boxes for a total of $240


That means in models, I would have had to pay $986, plus tax. Then of course there's the bonus things of
1 codex.
1 tactical/ physicic cards.
1 Brand new white dwarf magazine featuring the harlequins.
1 bag of harlequin bits.

I'm not really going to be using them that much, but we're going to round up to $1,000 just for the sake of the argument. 

I essentially got them 59% off. I paid $410 for them.

The best part? Not only are they cheap, but they're already assembled, which is the worst thing in the world in my book. I seriously hate that step.

The bad news?
I promised myself I would finish chaos first, both mortals and daemons, and then eldar, and then I would tackle the harlequins. I plan to keep that order. With how little I paint, it's looking like another two years before those harlequins get any meaningful attention.

No comments: