Feb 25, 2015

Too Easy - My American Life

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/59/fire

This topic is too easy.
I spin fire.
This is so easy to talk about fire, and about people that aren't afraid of fire, but should be, that I don't even want to write a full topic on this.

I have been burnt.

I've had my leg light on fire, my arm on fire, singed hairs, charcoal markings on my clothes, shorter than normal eyebrows, and I even have a scar on my right arm from when I spun fire and I was too stupid to wear long sleeves.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iTOzyc1efg
I have so many stories about fire it's sort of boring. I've played with fire, almost got arrested for fire, talked to people in Sweden because of my interest in fire, and I've done it all, with fire.

Fire is the least scary thing in the world for me. Spiders are scarier than fire. Fire can be controlled, spun, mastered, and harnessed, that nasty spider that wants to kill you in your sleep because you rolled the wrong way can't.

Fire can be a source of art, creation, and design. Fire can be something amazing and inspirational. Fire is something that you can look at and understand. I know that I should be afraid of fire, and treat it with caution, but if you're in control of it, careful enough that you know what you're doing, and you know exactly what you're doing, fire is a tool that is strong and powerful.

I'm going to call this one in, and just say that I have stories about fire, and hopefully I'll have an excuse to put them in a different piece in this long series ahead of me. We're only in 1997 in this series, we've got a decade and some change worth of material to go over. Hopefully somewhere in there I'll have a better excuse to tell you a fire story in a setting better than an episode titled "Fire".

No comments: