Apr 23, 2016

Smile

I've typed this four times, and deleted it four times.

I've broken all of my rules of writing and done an entire draft of this article that I want to write, and no matter what it comes out like I'm the biggest jerk in the world.

I'm going to re-start it one last time and try to tackle this thing in the most positive light that I can.

I am so happy for my friends. All of them. From the best to the worst, to all of them in between. I'm going to be honest and finally say what we all do - there are some friends I keep around on Facebook just to pop in on when I'm having a bad day to remind me that I'm not as bad off as I think I am.

I've got debt, I've got a crazy life, and I'm juggling a million and a half things because I'm under paid but over worked. As hard as I think my life might be (my sister actually emailed me this winner of an article this afternoon http://gawker.com/the-misery-of-adjunct-professors-keeps-higher-education-1772267323 ) there are others that I keep around me just to make sure that my life isn't quite as bad as I think it is.


To those winners that I keep in my circle of friends that I never talk to, that I rarely ever see, just let it be known - the only reason I keep you around is to keep track of your train wreck of a life because it helps me get through mine.

It used to be that the train wrecks were sitting right next to me for class after class in high school. Even in college I had roommates or dorm mates that would be putting themselves in the craziest of situations that I could watch from a distance. The fishbowl of Provo was an amazing thing because it let me see the good in my life without having to look that far. Now that I'm living in a house and I honestly don't socialize that much, it's a bit harder to find my peers and how they're doing. Luckily Facebook is there for me to stalk you and to remind myself that I can smile because I'm not living a dead end life that has no hope for me, becoming that person on Facebook who only talks about getting drunk over the weekend because you can't stand your job, or just giving up. Thank you for letting me see the good and keep on smiling.

Even now it sounds really bad, but this is the best draft I've got. So, thank you for choosing to be stupid, because it helps me see the good choices.

No comments: